The implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) represents the most comprehensive social policy reform in a generation. The NDIS is creating a significant number of new jobs, spread across all regions of Queensland.
Jobs Queensland has been working with WorkAbility Queensland since 2018 to examine the skill demand and supply needs to meet the rollout of the NDIS in Queensland.
A number of key outputs have been delivered under this multi-year project.
- Strengthening Queensland’s NDIS Workforce 2022 report (PDF, 3 MB) is the final in a series of three research reports examining the NDIS workforce across Queensland. It provides an overview of the key changes, impacts and challenges experienced with the rollout of the NDIS in Queensland.
- Strengthening Queensland’s NDIS Workforce 2021 report (PDF, 4 MB) is the second statewide release as part of a three-year research project investigating impacts on the labour force since the scheme’s rollout in 2016. The report also aligns with further findings from Jobs Queensland’s Anticipating Future Skills series, which highlights the State’s largest growth in jobs to be in the Health Care and Social Assistance industry by 2024-25.
- Strengthening Queensland’s NDIS workforce 2020 report (PDF, 3 MB) describes the outcomes of research undertaken by Jobs Queensland and WorkAbility Queensland (a peak industry body consortium) to investigate the workforce challenges and opportunities associated with the operation of the NDIS in Queensland.
- The Workforce Planning Connect Toolkit (PDF, 3 MB) and Workbook (PDF, 1 MB) are a free set of resources designed to support NDIS service providers and organisations that deliver NDIS-type services through the workforce planning process and organisational needs analysis.
- The Allied Health Assistants Good Practice Guide (PDF, 3MB) is a practical resource that investigates solutions to barriers, provides valuable considerations and pathways to organisations in workforce planning, and showcases good practice across Australia on the use of Allied Health Assistants. More information can be found on the Community Services Industry Alliance's (CSIA) website.
- A guide to NDIS traineeships using group training (PDF, 2MB) is a practical resource to help organisations find out about the group training model, costs involved and the benefits when using a Group Training Organisation (GTO) for NDIS traineeships.
- A set of six regional workforce reports for Brisbane North, Brisbane South, Ipswich, Mackay, Toowoomba and Townsville regions, hosted on the CSIA website. The region-specific NDIS workforce reports were produced as part of the first year of research across six NDIS rollout sites, and include findings, insights, impacts and themes within the disability workforce in response to the NDIS rollout in each of the regions.
- Building the NDIS workforce through traineeships (PDF, 2MB) is a report about the role of traineeships in supporting skills growth for the NDIS workforce.
- A searchable digital resource hub hosted on the CSIA website that provides news, career, funding and training information for all NDIS stakeholders.
Last updated 24 May 2023