Jobs Queensland has released a new workforce planning toolkit for Queensland small and medium-sized businesses.
Workforce Planning Connect was launched yesterday by the Hon Shannon Fentiman, Minister for Employment and Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development, as part of Queensland Small Business Week.
Workforce Planning Connect is a range of practical tools designed to grow the workforce planning capacity of businesses across Queensland.
Workforce planning positions businesses — big and small, new and established — to respond and succeed in changing business environments. Workforce planning is shown to deliver many benefits, including:
- better staff attraction and retention
- improved efficiency, effectiveness and productivity across the business
- effective identification of training and skills development needs
- increased job satisfaction and reduced employee turnover.
Workforce Planning Connect supports businesses to understand and plan for their workforce needs now and into the future. The suite of resources include:
- a website providing an overview of workforce planning
- an introductory guide to workforce planning
- an extensive workforce planning toolkit to step businesses through the full process
- a range of templates, fact sheets and guides.
Workforce Planning Connect has been developed with the support of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ). Some CCIQ member businesses, including Cabinets Online and Biggenden Engineering Works, participated in the development and testing of the tools and resources.
To find out more, visit the Workforce Planning Connect website at
To download the Workforce Planning Connect Toolkit, visit www.jobsqueensland.qld.gov.au/wpctoolkit
Last updated 14 June 2021