What we do
As an independent voice to Government, Jobs Queensland is a conduit for communication and a vehicle for change. Together with its partners, Jobs Queensland works to shape a prosperous future for Queensland’s economy and society.
Jobs Queensland's function
Jobs Queensland brings together industry, industry associations and peak bodies, regions, communities, employers and unions to:
- provide strategic advice on future skills needs, helping Government to prioritise its investment in vocational education and training
- offer strategic advice on apprenticeships and traineeships to build on their role as a key pathway to employment and a skilled workforce
- undertake workforce planning and development initiatives to advise on actions to achieve future skills and workforce needs
- be a source of quality, reliable data that can be used by all stakeholders
- be accessible to regions and communities and be responsive to critical concerns and opportunities
- proactively work across all levels of government to shape advice and priorities that will facilitate a cohesive and capable workforce for the future
- commission research into future industry needs to ensure Queensland’s workforce is skilled to meet the challenges ahead.
Jobs Queensland’s work brings together industry, regions, employers and the community to advise Government on the skills that will be needed into the future. As an independent voice to Government, Jobs Queensland is a conduit for communication and a vehicle for change.
Jobs Queensland Board Members
Last updated 14 May 2018